Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Liebster Award

Julie from Just Julie very sweetly nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thanks for thinking of me and giving this new-ish blogger something new to write about :) 




The Rules


1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 facts about me

1. I was born in Illinois, grew up in North Carolina, and spent high school and beyond in Texas. Now that I'm pursuing grad school in Illinois, my parents and sister are some of the only few members of my extended family that don't live in Illinois.
2. I hate not being good at things. I usually shy away from activities that I'm not sure I'll excel at. Joining color guard without any prior experience and actually sticking with it is something I'm really proud of. It was very challenging and I had a lot of help along the way, but my experience at TCU would not have been the same without it! 
3. I wish more people in the world knew what occupational therapy is because sometimes even I have a difficult time explaining all the reasons why my future career is awesome.
4. Even though I think they're gorgeous, I feel like (and maybe also look like?) a baby giraffe when I walk in heels 
5. My guilty pleasures in life are girly tv shows like Grey's Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars, and Gossip Girl. That and Netflix in general. 
6. I have a purple octopus on my keychain that involved an adventure through a crowded anime convention with my sister to find. I always think of her when I see it!
7. I would be hopelessly lost in life without having Google Maps on my phone. For those of you who have ever traveled with me, you know I am the worst at directions no matter how many times I've been somewhere before.  
8. I have never had soda and I stopped drinking juice at a young age. Everyone always tries to get me to try them, but I just really enjoy drinking water. And if I give in and drink them now, I won't have that fun fact to share anymore! 
9. I have been blessed with the ability to be a really good learner/ test taker. I often feel like I don't have to try very hard at all to do well in school. This sometimes infuriates the people around me and I often feel bored and understimulated in most classes, but I try to be humble about it and grateful that school comes easily to me! 
10. I spend a lot of time thinking about my future and the things I want in life
11. Even though I'm really glad I took the leap and came to UIC for graduate school and am thankful for all of the experiences I've had here so far, it has been really hard for me being so far away from my friends and family, and also TCU. After I graduate next year I think I imagine myself working at one of the hospitals in downtown Fort Worth :)

My Questions from Julie

1. Describe your dream job. 
I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. If I can help it, I'd really like to work with kids as an occupational therapist in an inpatient hospital setting or outpatient clinic associated with a hospital. I have my eye on Cook Children's because they are well known for being extremely good at what they do, but I'd be happy anywhere I think!
2. Morning person or night owl?
I am definitely a night owl! I feel like no matter how much time I have, how tired I am, or how early I get my work done, I have to stay up until at least midnight. This has been rough this semester now that all my classes started at 8am or 8:30am, but I still can't get to bed earlier!
3. What would you choose to eat for your last meal? 
Hmmm this is a tough one. Bruschetta for an appetizer, Probably a steak filet, some homemade mashed potatoes and fruit salad. And brownies. Or chocolate lava cake. And Funfetti cookies. I really like dessert :P
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
I have many. Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Penn Dayton Badgley (as long as he acts as adorably awkward as Dan Humphrey in real life!)  and these three very attractive hilarious men from Supernatural:  


I'm also a huge fan of Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, and Zooey Deschanel. They can be my girl-crushes haha. 
5. What's the best book you've ever read?
I will always love the Harry Potter series. I've enjoyed other books in my life, but none have even begun to come close to these amazing books. It doesn't matter how old I get or how many times I've read them, they are my favorite! 
6. Any trips planned for 2013?
Right now the only trip on my radar is spending some time in Texas over spring break in March. I'm really looking forward to it! Also, there has been discussion of a potential New York trip in the summer, and maybe a visit from my sister here in Chicago, but we'll see.
7. Who do you admire most?
Kind of cliche, but I do admire my parents very much. My mom always goes out of her way to make other people feel loved and appreciated. And my dad is smart, he can build/fix/do pretty much anything or figure out how to do so very quickly. Both set goals and get after them, they are the epitome of sarcasm, ambition, love, and and general ridiculousness in the best way :)
8.  If you could go back and re-live any part of your life, would you do it?  When would it be?
I'm not sure if I would actually do it or not, but if I had to pick I really wouldn't mind reliving my time at TCU! 
9. If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be?
Someone fictional from Supernatural or Harry Potter or Dr. Who. Just to change things up and keep life interesting
10. Do you prefer dogs or cats? Or neither?
Dog person all the way! I am allergic to cats, but even if I wasn't I still don't think I'd like them as much. Dogs are warm, loyal, loving, playful.... and cats just look like they are plotting evil things all the time haha. 
11. Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
I write about what I know. Usually just about things I do day-to-day to help keep my friends and family in the loop. Occasionally I try fun things on Pinterest :) 

Nominees

I don't know a whole lot of bloggers, so I'm going to pick on a few people I've seen pop up in my facebook news feed lately, even though we're not close I'd love to get more involved with other bloggers and include them in this fun post :) 

Mari at Things and Such
Chloe at Walk By Faith

I get between 100-200 page views on each post I write... so if you are lurking and have a blog, you should come out of hiding, follow me and consider yourself nominated for the Liebster Award!

Questions for my Nominees

1. What was the best part of your weekend?
2. Name one thing you learned this week (about yourself or otherwise)
3. Describe your dream vacation
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
6. What is your favorite quote, verse, or mantra that inspires you?
7. Name something on your bucket list. Do you have plans to do this in the near future?
8. Do you have any special hobbies or talents? 
9. If you could spend time in the world of a movie or TV show, which would you pick?
10. Do you have a favorite website or blog you check regularly?
11. Which would you rather be able to do: see the future, or read people's minds?

No comments:

Post a Comment