Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Playing Catch-Up

A lot of really cool things have been happening lately, so many things that I am behind on posting about them! So, here's a quick summary of the past two weeks. There is probably enough material here to spread this out into a few posts, but...

Haha so anyways here we go:

1. My car broke down, and then it was fixed. The end :)


2. It snowed like crazy in Chicago, but barely anyone noticed or acted like they cared except for me!

Early last week we got a whopping 8-10 inches of snow! It makes me laugh to think back on my snow days at TCU... I loved them and made some of my best college memories during them... but come on we did not deserve snow days for like two inches of snow! And it was definitely not worth the title of "snow-pocalpse"! In Chicago hardly anyone mentioned it, and no way was school or work cancelled -- what a silly thought. Instead, everyone in the city did what they needed to do to make it to work on time. The snowplows here are like ninjas... I've never actually seen a road being plowed here, but somehow the streets are usually close to spotless. It's really quite incredible how well this city deals with snow, especially when I think back to how crippled my hometown was when we got 4-5 inches of snow over Christmas! Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day


oh and here's a poorly photographed snow angle:


approximately 45 degrees ;)


3. After spending many hours practicing with Nami, we both rocked our range of motion practicum and neither of us had any points deducted! 


Check out that thumb extension! Okay I'm done now...

4. And then there were cupcakes...

I was able to meet up with my friends Olivia and Michelle at a cupcake shop near my apartment called "Flirty Cupcakes". They are considering Chicago for graduate school in social work. Olivia and I met in middle school but haven't seen each other since then, so it was nice to catch up with her!

5. No matter how old I get, I will always be extremely ammused by science museums

Chris and I went to the Museum of Science and Industry on Saturday! I think my favorite parts were the weather/storm/etc exhibits and watching baby chicks poke their ways out of their shells and try to walk for the first time!

Things I learned:
- Tesla coils are a thing, and they are awesome.
- my heart rate is freakishly high
- getting flowers is way cool :)



6. Daylight savings time happened on Saturday night / Sunday morning

How did I learn this? I was awake for a long time after it happened and was very confused :P. Good thing I had nothing going on the next day.

7. Despite me being responsible for his multiple deaths while playing Portal (haha), Chris and I are officially dating. Lucky me! 


I think that is everything. Woo! It's been a pretty awesome past few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment